Select Deflator Series
The Select Deflator screen allows you to convert actual dollars to constant dollars using system- or user-defined deflator series.
To apply a deflator:
- Click on Deflate on the Edit Classification Variable Year screen to access the Select Deflator screen.
- Select a deflator series from the Deflators field.
- Click on View to access a popup box displaying the deflator series. If the window shows the series that you want, close the popup box. If not, return to the Select Deflator screen and select another series.
- Click on Select on the Select Deflator screen and return to the Edit Classification Variable screen. A confirmation message will be displayed, showing the name of the deflator series that you selected. You can click on Undeflate to remove the deflator series or Change Deflators to select a different deflator series.
- When you have made all your selections and changes on the Edit Classification Variable screen, click on Save to save your changes and return to the Modify Classification Variables screen. The deflator series now appears as an element under the Year variable, with an Edit button and the name of the deflator series you selected.