The Table Viewer screen displays the formatted table that was constructed based on your selected criteria. The Table Viewer screen offers several options that allow you to reconfigure, sort, save, display, and e-mail the table.
Sorting Columns by Analysis Variable
- Click on the analysis variable name in the table header to open the popup menu containing the following sort options:
- Sort AscendingSort the corresponding column of numbers in ascending order and resort the rest of the table accordingly.
- Sort DescendingSort the corresponding column of numbers in descending order and resort the rest of the table accordingly.
- Reset SortingReturn the table to its original configuration.
- Click on one of the options to sort the table contents according to the corresponding selection.
Reset to Original Table
- Click on Reset to Original Table to undo the changes made with the Sorting, Top/Bottom Row Selector, and Filter Analysis Variable functions and return the table to its original format.
Top/Bottom Row Selector
The Top/Bottom Row Selector function allows you to display a specified number or percentage of items sorted by a user-selected ranking order (e.g., top 10 or bottom 15 percent). To use the Show Top/Bottom Row Selector function:
- Click on Show Top/Bottom Row Selector to open the For column list.
- Click on the name of the column that you want to use as a sort/display criterion.
- In the Display dropdown list, select which rows you want the reformatted table to use: Top, Bottom, or All.
- In the Value dropdown list, select the number of rows that you want the reformatted table to display.
- In the Type dropdown list, select Items to reformat the table to display the selected number of items, or select Percentage to reformat the table to display the selected percentage.
- Click on OK to apply the selections.
- Click on Hide Top/Bottom Row Selector to close the For column list.
Filter Analysis Variable
- Click on Filter Analysis Variable to display the Filter Analysis Variable Values field.
- The following steps are required in order to filter analysis variables:
- Select an analysis variable in the Filter Analysis Variable dropdown list.
- Select a condition (e.g., =, >, <) from the first Condition dropdown list.
- Enter a number in the first Value field.
- The following steps are optional:
- Select AND or OR from the Operator dropdown list.
- Select a condition (e.g., =, >, <) from the second Condition dropdown list.
- Enter a number in the second Value field.
Click on Export Table to display the Export Table box. You can select from four formats into which the finished table can be exported:
- SAS sas7bdat file
- Microsoft (MS) Excel (tab-delimited format)
- CSV (comma-separated values)
- MS Excel (formatted)
After selecting the desired format, click on Export to open the popup box, where you can select whether to save the file to disk or open it in a corresponding application.
Note: If you want to output the table in MS Excel format but do not have the MS Excel application installed on your computer, click on Download MS Excel Viewer to go to the Microsoft Web site and download a free MS Excel Viewer.
E-mail Table Link
To e-mail a link to the table:
- Complete the Recipients e-mail address field. To send the table to more than one recipient, enter each recipients e-mail address separated by a comma or semicolon.
- Complete the Your name and/or e-mail address field with the desired selection.
- Enter a message to the recipient in the larger text field.
- Click on Send to send the e-mail message. WebCASPAR will refresh the screen and display a message confirming the e-mail transmission and the recipients address.