- This institution is not ranked separately; data for this survey are included as part of the University of Massachusetts which includes the campuses at Amherst, Boston, and Worcester.
- Data for this institution include the campuses at Amherst, Boston, and Worcester.
- In previous reports the data from Indiana University-Purdue University, Fort Wayne have been included with Indiana University. Due to recent clarification of program affiliation, these data are now being counted as part of Purdue University.
- Graduate student data for this institution include the University of Tennessee main campus at Knoxville, the Space Institute, and the Institute of Agriculture.
- In 2019, U. Maryland Baltimore merged with U. Maryland, College Park
- . = data were not collected at this level or institution was not eligible to participate for this survey year.